Quietus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quietus Forum

An America's Army Brotherhood, Mostly!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

America's Army 2.8.5

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

America's Army 2.8.5 Empty
PostSubject: America''s Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:23 pm

I've been playing some AA again. I'm trying to get it in regularly, but that's not really working. I guess I can't pull it off like I used to anymore... But I'm still having fun playing this new version. ES2Bridge is more fun than ever before... And those Co-op maps are still fun if you want to play on your own.

For the rest, it seems that everyone in this game is just waiting for 3.0 to be released. Which is weird because, knowing the devs, it probably won't be released for over a year. And I have serious doubts about it, because I was one of those people who was very dissapointed with 2.0 back in the day.
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Legionnaire

Legionnaire

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:58 pm

what are the big changes with 3.0 supposed to be? hopefully a modernized engine... the UT engine is definately a bit dated now
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:15 pm

I have no idea, and I don't really care. All I'm expecting is a game that'll be too heavy for my computer. Although I'll probably have a new one by then... But I'm having fun with AA. And that's cool. I'm not keeping track with which new version is coming out and when... I downloaded this latest version about a week after it came out, simply because I didn't know it was out.

AA has become a simple game of mindless enjoyment. It's more fun this way! Cool
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Hacker.
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:20 am

The newest version is coming out the 17th. Apparently all previous maps are to be wiped out except Pipeline. That means no ic which means=I quit.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:28 am

I don't get what they're trying to do with this game... Nobody plays those old maps anymore. And it's not because the new ones are better, because they're not. There just aren't any more servers up...
I think the devs are just lazy about creating new maps, so they're trying to advertise this user-created mission element of the game. But why delete the old maps entirely? That's just dumb.
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Saint wrote:
I don't get what they're trying to do with this game... Nobody plays those old maps anymore. And it's not because the new ones are better, because they're not. There just aren't any more servers up...
I think the devs are just lazy about creating new maps, so they're trying to advertise this user-created mission element of the game. But why delete the old maps entirely? That's just dumb.

Me either. I think they want the game to slowly die. IC is one of the only populated maps besides bridge. If you take away those two maps, your going to have a mass leaving. I think they that they feel 3.0 is newer and better things which will be stupid. If they add claymores[rumors] it will be BF2 all over again.
Back to top Go down
echotech

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Legionnaire wrote:
what are the big changes with 3.0 supposed to be? hopefully a modernized engine... the UT engine is definately a bit dated now
Your account won't transfer over, it's supposed to be completely different. The technical advance is just an upgrade from Unreal 2.0 to Unreal 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5   America's Army 2.8.5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

America's Army 2.8.5
Page 1 of 1