Quietus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quietus Forum

An America's Army Brotherhood, Mostly!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I need a new headset

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

I need a new headset Empty
PostSubject: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:24 pm

My headset broke. This headset has served for about 6 years and it served me well. It's always been very decent, and I was always able to hear everything in every game to every detail, even with the crappy soundcard I have.

The brand was a Sennheiser HD202, and I looked on Ebay for that one, and I could easily just buy it again... But then I started noticing different headsets, like the Creative Fatal1ty, which costs about the same... And then there are the Razer headsets, which are more expensive.

Does anyone have some advice on this? Because I can't continue with my Sennheiser one, since the sound only works on the right side...
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:04 am

I where Inland. There cheap i think. But there kinda coo. Ive grown to like the extra bass feature a lot.
Razor makes good mouses I'm sure the headsets would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:08 am

I've used Plantronics and Sennheisers. Sennheisers are par none the best. Bose has a good sound projects but usually its expensive. Most aa players use Sennheisers 515 (70 bucks)
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:18 am

I already have a Razer mouse (got it for free), and it's awesome. So I'm guessing the same as you Josh with the headsets, but if you want a good Razer headset it'll cost at least €80...

The Sennheiser headset I have has been awesome for AA and every other game I ever played. I'm gonna look for that 515 one, and see which are the best way to go. I also found a cheap Razer Barracuda on Ebay, so if the price doesn't go up too much I'll probably buy that one.
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:46 am

I wouldn't buy it into the Razor so much. Sennheisers seem much more versatile than Razors
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:14 am

Well, I'd prefer to buy a Sennheiser again.. I'm thinking about buying the same one again. But if I can get that Razer Barracuda for €30, I'm gonna get it!
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:28 am

Do you use the headphones as anything else(Ipod, zune etc)?
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:35 am

No, just for games, music & movies on my comupter.
For my ipod & stuff I have different headphones.
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:15 pm

In my opinion, I don't think the Razor's are worth it unless your getting them cheap. Since you aren't really competitive gaming, you don't really need super expensive headphones.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:30 pm

I got my Sennheiser HD202 for free, and they were actually DJ headphones, but they worked great for gaming... And at the time they came out they costed about €75.
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:20 pm

I know Sennheiser's comfortable. The Razor's might be uncomfortable. Its totally up to you. I rather have decent sound and comfortable than amazing sound and uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a new headset   I need a new headset I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a new headset
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quietus Forum :: Open Forum-
Jump to: