Quietus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quietus Forum

An America's Army Brotherhood, Mostly!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Far Cry 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

Far Cry 2 Empty
PostSubject: Far Cry 2   Far Cry 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:18 am

Mixed feelings... Lots of mixed feelings about this game.

If you look at the graphics of this game, it's perfect. The jungle has never looked more beautiful to me. Beautiful waterfalls, and incredible landscapes... Walking around in this game is so wonderful, you feel like you're on a safari, even more when all of a sudden a horde of zebras or buffalos is standing in the middle of the road.

The only problem about this game is the driving around. There's just too much of it. So much after a while I got the feeling I was playing GTA 5: Jungle Fever. I believe it also has something to do with the bad first impression I got, because in the first scene this African taxidriver is taking you to a town and from just being in that car with him driving it made me nauseous. Not in the game, but irl. I was actually feeling sick from playing this game the first few minutes...

The gameplay is pretty good. It's not made too easy to shoot people, like the first game. One negative point about it though, is that your eyes get blurry after you've run for about 10 seconds. But other than that, there's nothing wrong with the gameplay.

I love the new buddy-system. This means that you can make buddies in this game by saving someones life, or just talking sometimes. Buddies can give you missions, and they can also help you or save you in combat. So if your health is too low and you're about to die, a buddy (in my case an African chick) comes to pull you out and blasts some bad guys while carrying you out of there. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Ever

Far Cry 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2   Far Cry 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:02 pm

How demanding is this for a person with a regular computer? It looks interesting but also looks like you need to maintain a certain level of fps.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

Far Cry 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2   Far Cry 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:06 pm

My computer runs it pretty well. I don't have it on the highest settings though, but on the normal settings I don't get solid fps after about 20 seconds.

I didn't realized how much this game is like the first one until today. The water around your playing area has just been replaced by mountains, and the jungle is a little darker, and there's a lot more of it. It's not a bad game though.. There's just too much damn driving around. And I also think the story is kinda lost. I mean, you just arrive there in the jungle... Some guy leaves you to die, someone finds you and you decide to help him out... It's all kinda strange.

It's an ok game, but overall I'm not impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Far Cry 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2   Far Cry 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quietus Forum :: Gaming Entertainment-
Jump to: