Quietus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quietus Forum

An America's Army Brotherhood, Mostly!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When you trip, it's God pushing you

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Epicurean

Epicurean

When you trip, it's God pushing you Empty
PostSubject: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm

I was looking into gravity when this little gem came up.

THE ONION~: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512

Quote :
KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.

"Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down," said Gabriel Burdett, who holds degrees in education, applied Scripture, and physics from Oral Roberts University.

Burdett added: "Gravity—which is taught to our children as a law—is founded on great gaps in understanding. The laws predict the mutual force between all bodies of mass, but they cannot explain that force. Isaac Newton himself said, 'I suspect that my theories may all depend upon a force for which philosophers have searched all of nature in vain.' Of course, he is alluding to a higher power."

Founded in 1987, the ECFR is the world's leading institution of evangelical physics, a branch of physics based on literal interpretation of the Bible.

According to the ECFR paper published simultaneously this week in the International Journal Of Science and the adolescent magazine God's Word For Teens!, there are many phenomena that cannot be explained by secular gravity alone, including such mysteries as how angels fly, how Jesus ascended into Heaven, and how Satan fell when cast out of Paradise.

The ECFR, in conjunction with the Christian Coalition and other Christian conservative action groups, is calling for public-school curriculums to give equal time to the Intelligent Falling theory. They insist they are not asking that the theory of gravity be banned from schools, but only that students be offered both sides of the issue "so they can make an informed decision."

"We just want the best possible education for Kansas' kids," Burdett said.

Proponents of Intelligent Falling assert that the different theories used by secular physicists to explain gravity are not internally consistent. Even critics of Intelligent Falling admit that Einstein's ideas about gravity are mathematically irreconcilable with quantum mechanics. This fact, Intelligent Falling proponents say, proves that gravity is a theory in crisis.

"Let's take a look at the evidence," said ECFR senior fellow Gregory Lunsden."In Matthew 15:14, Jesus says, 'And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.' He says nothing about some gravity making them fall—just that they will fall. Then, in Job 5:7, we read, 'But mankind is born to trouble, as surely as sparks fly upwards.' If gravity is pulling everything down, why do the sparks fly upwards with great surety? This clearly indicates that a conscious intelligence governs all falling."

Critics of Intelligent Falling point out that gravity is a provable law based on empirical observations of natural phenomena. Evangelical physicists, however, insist that there is no conflict between Newton's mathematics and Holy Scripture.

"Closed-minded gravitists cannot find a way to make Einstein's general relativity match up with the subatomic quantum world," said Dr. Ellen Carson, a leading Intelligent Falling expert known for her work with the Kansan Youth Ministry. "They've been trying to do it for the better part of a century now, and despite all their empirical observation and carefully compiled data, they still don't know how."

"Traditional scientists admit that they cannot explain how gravitation is supposed to work," Carson said. "What the gravity-agenda scientists need to realize is that 'gravity waves' and 'gravitons' are just secular words for 'God can do whatever He wants.'"

Some evangelical physicists propose that Intelligent Falling provides an elegant solution to the central problem of modern physics.

"Anti-falling physicists have been theorizing for decades about the 'electromagnetic force,' the 'weak nuclear force,' the 'strong nuclear force,' and so-called 'force of gravity,'" Burdett said. "And they tilt their findings toward trying to unite them into one force. But readers of the Bible have already known for millennia what this one, unified force is: His name is Jesus."

I thought it was funny, anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 am

So when I'm masturbating, it's really God pushing my hand down, and lifting my hand up? Wow, dude knows how to throw a handjob!
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Zero
Liability
Zero

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Saint wrote:
So when I'm masturbating, it's really God pushing my hand down, and lifting my hand up? Wow, dude knows how to throw a handjob!

you think his hj is magical just wait for a beej.

When you trip, it's God pushing you 17431_432584005300_533105300_106640

When you trip, it's God pushing you 17549_1231869796519_1222372868_3075

When you trip, it's God pushing you 18047_104688886216142_1000002509455

When you trip, it's God pushing you 19379_102903646405275_1000005692011

When you trip, it's God pushing you 19855_1267939230832_1600371374_6680

When you trip, it's God pushing you 20262_247436179081_633129081_304339
(apparently that was one written in the treaty of tripoli)

When you trip, it's God pushing you 21060_1220237140000_1051066929_3052

When you trip, it's God pushing you 17549_1231845755918_1222372868_3075
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
Zero

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:31 pm

i found most of these pictures on the facebook group for god...i love it.
Back to top Go down
Epicurean

Epicurean

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:28 am

Yeah, it was from the treaty of Tripoli. Very Happy

When you trip, it's God pushing you 3168369008_1593ff3e88

Best one ever imo.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:32 am

Thor owns all!
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

Legionnaire

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 am

the Thor one made me Laugh Out Loud, boistrously. Thor is fuckin bad ass. i hope i go to Valhalla when i die

i agree with saints analysis of the article! zero, you must be flexible to have had a god bj! im envious, sounds heavenly! Razz
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
Zero

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Legionnaire wrote:
zero, you must be flexible to have had a god bj! im envious, sounds heavenly! Razz

rofl! good catch Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 pm

since we are laughing i'll post funny things to me

(no sexist but its funny that it google did it. They changed it after feminists went ape shit)

When you trip, it's God pushing you She-invented

Bonus here. If anyone gets this reading between the line reference of this I'll be somewhat surprised. (Not funny but subliminal messaging). It is kinda blatant.

PS* Saint get some youtube coding up in this joint. Using flash etc is gay.
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

Legionnaire

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:25 am

When you trip, it's God pushing you 129065913440277677

When you trip, it's God pushing you 129060668558557131

When you trip, it's God pushing you 129059032751969062
Back to top Go down
Epicurean

Epicurean

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:12 pm

I like how that first picture of yours, Legion, only lists other denominations of Christianity, as opposed to--heaven forbid--other beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:50 pm

So, in America, "freedom of religion" means you MUST have a religion? Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
Zero

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Saint wrote:
So, in America, "freedom of religion" means you MUST have a religion? Brilliant!

and that's why there will be no atheist or agnostic president for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
Zero

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Legionnaire wrote:
When you trip, it's God pushing you 129059032751969062

if there's any sign from a higher power that tells us to have fun and enjoy it's this. this is better than jesus on a toast.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:46 am

... plus you can stick your penis in both. And we all know what fun that can be!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you trip, it's God pushing you   When you trip, it's God pushing you I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When you trip, it's God pushing you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quietus Forum :: Open Forum-
Jump to: