Quietus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quietus Forum

An America's Army Brotherhood, Mostly!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scifi should sue real life science

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Epicurean

Epicurean

Scifi should sue real life science Empty
PostSubject: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbj8CipFVaM

Maybe it's me, but I've never realized how far we've come! Some of this shit's just plain crazy, and even if it's exaggerated, it's still fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm

i wouldn't necessarily say a lot of that's exaggerated. i've heard a lot of my professors talk about research they're doing in these areas even. my physics professor this semester is one of the researchers working on the large hadron collider and is talking about the possibility of micro black holes. he tells us not to worry because the types of energy they will produce is no where near the kind of energy encountered in the high atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 pm

I think they could've invented a lot of this stuff a lot sooner.. But I believe they're holding back on us, because a lot of this stuff is gonna do weird stuff to the public.

Think about it...
I would chop off my arm, if I could have it replaced with a cool bionic one that can punch through a wall.
If you had a printer that can print out everything, you can print out an entire military base in your house. Not to mention how many women you would print out..

Cool video though.. I'd already seen some of those things before, like the elevator project (seems pretty cool). And I've also seen that printer as a work in progress on the Discovery Channel.
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Epicurean

Epicurean

PostSubject: Re: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:24 am

Saint wrote:
I would chop off my arm, if I could have it replaced with a cool bionic one that can punch through a wall.

Coincidence that you look just like the bionic commando?

Scifi should sue real life science IMG_0729
Scifi should sue real life science The_Bionic_commando_by_arcipello

I think not.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

PostSubject: Re: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 pm

I actually participated in the creation of that game. My name is in the Special Thanks in the credits.
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Auctoris

Auctoris

PostSubject: Re: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:37 am

I love how more sci fi stuff is becoming real. Speaking of bionics, National Geographic had a cool article about the latest generation bionic stuff. I thought a "bionic eye" was the coolest. They surgically insert a panel of receptors (I don't think that's the right name, but it picks up signals of the light, like robotic rods/cones) that is connected (by cable/wire) to a little video camera on some sweet shades that project an (shitty) image of what the "bionic eye" sees.

I also had fun not too long ago watching the History Channel's Universe show about future space technology with my dad and his friend, who are nerdy scientists. I kept asking them if any of the stuff on the show was real or how it would really work in space...it was pretty cool. I got a neat explanation of what a nuclear explosion in space is like. They scoffed a little at humans piloting little space fighters, explaining that you wouldn't get full use out of them because the human body can't withstand the movements a fighter could do in space. It was a fun couple hours. :-)

Last but not Least - My two most beloved sci fi inventions coming to real life: replicators and teleporters from Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
Ever

PostSubject: Re: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:51 am

This shit blew my mind

Speaking of science, i didnt know we had a GPS on our forum for where our members get their ISP from lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scifi should sue real life science   Scifi should sue real life science I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scifi should sue real life science
Page 1 of 1