Quietus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quietus Forum

An America's Army Brotherhood, Mostly!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Big News

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Auctoris

Auctoris

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:20 pm

Since you guys are kinda like my virtual family I thought I'd let you know what happened to me today. I had minor surgery to remove a dastardly lump (fibriod adanoma, i think. squeaks can respell that for everyone) in one of my lady lumps. Important things to note. I almost fainted after they put in an IV (i kept thinking about the thing sitting inside my arm, it freaked me out); I felt glorious the moment I woke up; I started feeling faint and dizzy on the drive home (it's so turny where i live); and finally I got out of bed and am doing pretty well (my boob bandage feels like I imagine cups feel for guys).

Exciting stuff! and my dad's coming to see me this weekend. sorry I didn't tell you before now JM. you're so busy and it's weird talking about women things.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 pm

I hope you're doing ok, Lauren. And that your body is lumpfree (except for the natural lumps).

Well, be sure to post some pictures once the bandage is removed...
Back to top Go down
https://quietus.forumotion.com
Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:14 pm

what kind of lumps? like cysts or like cancer? Sad
in any case, get well soon.

where are you these days anyway, are you in san antonio at your moms?
Back to top Go down
Ever

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Auctoris wrote:
Since you guys are kinda like my virtual family I thought I'd let you know what happened to me today. I had minor surgery to remove a dastardly lump (fibriod adanoma, i think. squeaks can respell that for everyone) in one of my lady lumps. Important things to note. I almost fainted after they put in an IV (i kept thinking about the thing sitting inside my arm, it freaked me out); I felt glorious the moment I woke up; I started feeling faint and dizzy on the drive home (it's so turny where i live); and finally I got out of bed and am doing pretty well (my boob bandage feels like I imagine cups feel for guys).

Exciting stuff! and my dad's coming to see me this weekend. sorry I didn't tell you before now JM. you're so busy and it's weird talking about women things.

Fibroadenoma! Are you a trypanophobic (learned that the other day!)? Did they actually say it was a Fibroadenoma? Did they biopsy the lump? I presume they did but if it could of been a xanthoma[Cholesterol deposit], Lipoma or fatty corpuscle. Although don't take my word for it, if it was a Dr. then he/she was correct(hopefully). Sometimes the Anesthesia doesn't kick in really until it wears off per say. For example, wisdom teeth, some people feel bloated and sick after they wake up and some don't. I believe they was a study at UPenn with Anesthesia and how people react to it. Most surgeries now ask I believe. I'm sure you will be fine, its usually due to hormone fluctuation[estro]. Just lay down and relax. Enjoy your summer don't let something like that hold you down. From your post, you seem that you are already forgetting about it and moving on with confidence kudos. You are not a hypochondriac like most people will after something like that.

JM, it can either be Benign or malignant. You cannot really tell.
Back to top Go down
Auctoris

Auctoris

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 pm

they are going to do a biopsy, so it'll be a few days or so. But all the indicators point to a benign lump. 3 doctors all say the things i said Razz. I decided to get it out because it grew and since I hae no job i thought, why not?

It was a pretty small procedure. I've only tylenol, just as a precaution. I was pretty nervous before, but they said i should be pretty much ready to go by tomorrow, so that's how I feel. I'm not horribly afraid of needles, but they make me uncomfortable. I'm rational enough to push through the nerves and force myself to deal with the needles because it's what's good for me :-).

The anesthesia was really well-done. I didn't really feel any bad side-effects. Getting my wisdom teeth out was much more disorienting and unpleasant.

JM, i'm living in SA with my mom for now. I don't know what to do with my life and am trying to prolong figuring it all out.
Back to top Go down
Ever

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 am

Auctoris wrote:
they are going to do a biopsy, so it'll be a few days or so. But all the indicators point to a benign lump. 3 doctors all say the things i said Razz. I decided to get it out because it grew and since I hae no job i thought, why not?

It was a pretty small procedure. I've only tylenol, just as a precaution. I was pretty nervous before, but they said i should be pretty much ready to go by tomorrow, so that's how I feel. I'm not horribly afraid of needles, but they make me uncomfortable. I'm rational enough to push through the nerves and force myself to deal with the needles because it's what's good for me :-).

The anesthesia was really well-done. I didn't really feel any bad side-effects. Getting my wisdom teeth out was much more disorienting and unpleasant.

JM, i'm living in SA with my mom for now. I don't know what to do with my life and am trying to prolong figuring it all out.

Why not take it out, so I'd agree with you. A) It is bothersome and B) Rather be safe than sorry. What bothers me is its a tumor, but when people see the word tumor is omg cancer omg!!! Tumor is just plasia(growth) of cells. The word tumor does not equal cancer. It can "Lead" to it but it isn't written in stone that it equals cancer. Just inherits a higher risk(~5-15%). As you know everyone has the inherited risk of getting a cancer but its not something to worry about. For example, Africans have a higher risk of Sickle Cell than an average American white person and so on. I know a person who has a benign tumor on his brain due to a football hitting him in the face hard. It was small so they did not remove it unless it became malignant(never did to this day).

I'm not a fan of tylenol(paracetamol), its extremely rough on the liver. It kills nearly 2,000 people yearly due to heptatoxicity issues with OD'ing. I don't know the relative numbers of ng/ml for concentration although to say a specific dose due to everyones metabolism is different. Not saying any NSAID are better than the other, for example Naproxen(Aleve) has a risk of heart attack and ibuprofen has stomach bleeding issues. It is a lose lose situation. When I get nervous I just pinch myself on my hand to get my mind of pain usually. I love this chart for aspirin on wikipedia, I actually downloaded it.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Aspirin_and_other_Salicylates%282%29.gif
(GIT=GastroIntest Troubles/Trama, Probencid=raises uric acid in Urine, Salicylism=High amounts of Aspirin or other types of Salicylates, Reyes syndrome=children liver and brain disease. Almost never happens in adults, T1/2=Increased half life.) Its quite hard to die on Aspirin you'd need to take ~25pills at 400mg dosage. I always carry around aspirin, never know when a heart attack can happen, would rather have nitroglycerin though.

I hated my wisdom teeth, I was one of those kids who took like a week to get better while my brother felt no pain. Damn Oral surgeons.

If you have any questions you can surely pm me and I'll try to get back to you in a timely fashion or you can just post them here.
Back to top Go down
Auctoris

Auctoris

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:51 pm

aaron and i got our wisdom teeth out at the same time. he took longer to get better cause his wisdom teeth were bigger. poor guy.

i dont usually take a lot of medicine, so the low doses of tylenol work pretty well forr me and they have a super sugary coating so its nice. i dont any of the side effects you listed for the top 3 painkillers. my liver kicks ass, so i'll put my money on that.

i'd love to send you pictures Saint, but i'm not a hoe. i don't want to be tricked into showing you guys my boobs :-)
Back to top Go down
Ever

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Auctoris wrote:
aaron and i got our wisdom teeth out at the same time. he took longer to get better cause his wisdom teeth were bigger. poor guy.

i dont usually take a lot of medicine, so the low doses of tylenol work pretty well forr me and they have a super sugary coating so its nice. i dont any of the side effects you listed for the top 3 painkillers. my liver kicks ass, so i'll put my money on that.

i'd love to send you pictures Saint, but i'm not a hoe. i don't want to be tricked into showing you guys my boobs :-)

Sissy, is your brother still alive? You probably wont see any side effects, those are frequent usage(daily). People underestimate their liver, it keeps you alive.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
Zero

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:17 am

i can't believe i missed this. i hope all goes well.

Auctoris wrote:

you're not a hoe...you're just proud of what you have cyclops. that being said i vote for pictures.
Back to top Go down
Ever

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:00 am

Zero wrote:
i can't believe i missed this. i hope all goes well.

Auctoris wrote:

you're not a hoe...you're just proud of what you have cyclops. that being said i vote for pictures.

He just wants you to show off your battle scar
Back to top Go down
Ever

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:45 am

Any updates on this Lauren?
Back to top Go down
Auctoris

Auctoris

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 pm

yeah. the doc said the offending lump was nothing serious, a fibro-adenoma(sp? again). and I took the medical tape off and i've got the makings of a sweet scar. the important thing now is to come up with a good story for it. the most obvious is knife fight, i think. :-)
Back to top Go down
Ever

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Auctoris wrote:
yeah. the doc said the offending lump was nothing serious, a fibro-adenoma(sp? again). and I took the medical tape off and i've got the makings of a sweet scar. the important thing now is to come up with a good story for it. the most obvious is knife fight, i think. :-)

Good to know that everything is fine. Say the knife fight would be a good excuse.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:35 pm

I think you should post a picture of it in a new thread and have people come up with a good story for it... You know that with the creativity of the people in this forum you'll have a great story in the end. Like you were bitten by a boob hungry shark!
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:36 pm

you can say you got a boob job and the scar is where the implants were inserted
Back to top Go down
Ever

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Legionnaire wrote:
you can say you got a boob job and the scar is where the implants were inserted

Boobage scars are usually under the breast near the crease. Unless you have a lazy plastic surgeon who does it laterally rather than inferiorly to the areola. This would be the best choice, I withdraw my statement.
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
Saint

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes, MEXICAN BOOBJOB!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News   Big News I_icon_minitime